ONP specializes in shipping native plants across Ontario. We ship plants 6 months of the year (April to September), and accept orders between March and September (subscribe to be notified when we re-open for pre-orders on March 1, 2023). Pick up is available for orders of 18 or more plants (read more here). We are an entirely online business, and all orders are processed through our online system. You will need to create an account here to place an order. Read more about our plants here. View our Spring 2023 Catalog here.
See below for a summary of:
- Planning your Order
- Ordering your Plants
- Our Store Schedule
1. Planning your Order
- Figure out your site requirements – What is the light, moisture, and soil conditions where you want to plant? What is your hardiness zone? Do some research and observe your site.
- Look through a PDF of our 2023 Catalog here or view our catalog online here. Search species by your specific site conditions. Learn more about our plants here.
- Make a list! We now have the option to create a wishlist on our website. Make sure you are logged in to your account first. You can also print our catalog and circle species by hand or create your own list.
- Once you have your list of species, determine how many of each plant you want to order (most of our plants range between $6-8 in price). Figure out the mature spread and height of each plant and make a sketch.
- Research your plants! Gain knowledge on how best to plant and care for them. Escape winter by thinking of spring!
2. Ordering Your Plants
Step One: Create an account here. You cannot place an order without an account.
Step Two: Select your plants and add them to your cart.
Step Three: Fill out your shipping and billing information and pay for your order on the Checkout page. Local pick up is available for orders of 18 or more plants. Our checkout only allows shipping orders of 48 plants maximum. To order over 48 plants, please create multiple orders. Pick up orders have no maximum amount.
Step 4: Submit your order. When your order has been placed, you will receive a confirmation email with details on shipping times, etc. If you do not receive this email, check your spam folder.
Step 5: Wait for your beloved plants! We are working hard to quickly ship the best plants possible to your doorstep. If you placed a pre-order with ONLY trees/shrubs (see above), your plants will ship in mid April. If you placed a perennial preorder, your plants will ship in May. Check the Updates or Shipping tab for weekly shipping time updates.
Step 5: Order shipment. When we ship your order, you will receive another confirmation email that contains a Canada Post tracking number. Delivery takes around 2-7 business days.
Step 6: Unbox, water, plant, and enjoy! Read more about planting and caring for your plants here. Feel free to send us photos of your plants in their new garden home. 🙂
FAQ: I would like to add to an order that has already been placed: You have until 2 WEEKS before your estimated shipping time to combine a second order with your first. After that, we will process your order as a separate shipment and current shipping times will apply (See below for dates). If you wish to add plants to your first order, please create a NEW second order with NEW plants. Please ensure that the cart is empty of your first order before you make a second order. Please also click the box at checkout that states: “This is my second order AND I would like it added to my first order.” We will refund the shipping cost difference at the time of shipping.
FAQ: I would like to change my order: You cannot revise an order through your account after it has been placed. We would encourage you to plan your order carefully prior to proceeding with payment.
FAQ: When can I expect my order to ship?: See below for an overview of our store schedule. For more specific shipping information throughout the season see the following locations:
1) The UPDATES page
2) The SHIPPING page
3)The confirmation email sent to you when you place your order
4) Our Facebook page
3. Our Store Schedule
Pre-Orders (March and part of April)
On March 1st, 2023 at 9AM, we open our online store for pre-orders. This means that we are not ready to start shipping yet, but the orders will be shipped according to when they were placed. There are two type of pre-orders:
1) Tree and Shrub Pre-Orders (cutoff April April 2nd): Trees and shrubs are hardier and can be shipped earlier than herbaceous perennial species (including wildflowers, grasses, sedges, and ephemerals). We begin shipping orders containing only trees and shrubs in April. If your order contains anything other than a tree or shrub, it will be considered a perennial order (see below). Orders that contain both trees/shrubs and perennials are considered a perennial order.
FAQ: I would like to order trees and shrubs as well as perennials, but would like my trees and shrubs in April. Place two separate orders–one for trees/shrubs and one for perennials.
FAQ: I would like to order trees and shrubs as well as perennials, and would like them all delivered at the same time. Place a single order with all of the plants you would like. Your order will be added to the queue of perennial pre-orders.
FAQ: My order contains trees/shrubs and perennials. Can you split it into two shipments so I get trees/shrubs earlier? We cannot split an order after it has been placed.
2) Perennial Pre-Orders: We begin shipping orders containing any perennial species in early May.
Orders from early April to September
During this time, tree and shrub orders are no longer given priority in the shipping queue. Our busiest time for shipping is May to July. During this time, you should expect to wait about 6-8 weeks between placing your order and receiving the plants. We know how hard it is to wait, but you can rest easy knowing that your plants are being pampered at the nursery! We appreciate your patience. Wait times decrease as we enter summer and fall. Be sure to keep an eye on the updates and shipping tabs for shipping updates throughout the season. We will always provide an estimated shipping time when you place an order. Click here for our estimated shipping times for the whole season.